17 January 2007

Hohner Professional G3T 'Hohnerberger Stick'



Ned Steinberger is the guitar design genius of the late 20th century.
Better designer than manufacturing tycoon. Licensing out his designs paid some of the bills, but the end was inevitable.

Now Steinberger is just another line in the Gibson family of profit centers.

Real American graphite Steinberger GL 6-strings are now over $3K on eBay.  And I have the carbon fiber thing covered with the CA Gxi pair.

But according to the stories, Ned really liked these little numbers;
a solid chunk of American maple carved by Samick in Korea.

When my Jagstang experience sent me searching the web for a tremelo that actually worked (returned to tune) I found one of these on craigslist in Seattle for $250; got another on eBay so I could keep one in open tune.

God's own noodling units, an absolute breeze to play, with chimey passive EMG's.  Got those active EMG 89's and SA's to swap in - just have to figure out the wiring with the 3 mini toggles instead of the 5-way.

The last solid body guitars I'd ever sell.
Well now, make it the only ones I have left.

No comments: